Just on Tumblr. It's quite liberating in its communal neuroses.
Anyways, I'm back to say that the nominations for Yuletide are open and I nominated the following things:
Under the Poppy by Kathe Koja, Don Carlo and La Forza del Destino (Verdi wrote the gayest operas), and oh yeah, Fifty Shades of Grey. Just kidding, The Three Musketeers. Jeez.
I hope everyone is well and equally not dead. I get very excited for "this time of year."
First, I'd like to thank my authors who took the time to elevate my Yule from "Meh" to "Oh MY!"
arithanas, girl, I KNEW THAT WAS YOU! For some Athos and Aramis killing time in the only way imaginable: On The Edge. I am also tickled by the coincidence that we wrote the same time period (20YA).
My main gift fic Turn Back, O Man by prodigy aka evilprodigy, has garnered and deserves a lot of positive attention because O Man it's awesome! So if you haven't had the deep pleasure, please do! As for the author, I have taken it upon myself to stalk her because this is how I show love. Actually, the traditional way of showing love in my culture would be to show up at her house, kick down the door, knock her over the head with my balaika, throw her into my troika, and gallop away to drink vodka in my Terem. I had to restrain myself because I think this is illegal now.
So what the hell have I done for humanity this Yule? Let's see.
1. For my main fic, I wrote epistolary porn for jerico_cacaw. 17th Century Booty Call is indeed the official title. And yes, it is what you think it is.
2. I'm sure it would shock everyone to know that The Plural of Us (i.e. the story in which Aramis goes back in time to have sex with himself) was written by yours truly and zoi_no_miko. It's based on the 2011 movie though, so, basically: ANYTHING GOES!
3. And because I love Zoi, I also wrote her some "Dark City" PWP called A Chance Encounter.
4. For Madness! I could not help myself and had to write something for "The Room" because IT WAS TEARING ME APART, LISA! So here is The Room: Post-Mortem. Interestingly, this got the most hits. People do not read Dumas. But they do watch "The Room." Tommy Wiseau is a major freak.
5. Also, because it is mushroom season right now, I had to also write Fly Agaric for speak_me_fair. What would the world be without Athos and Aramis being totally weird and snarky and generally insane?
Dear humanity: you're welcome. Happy New Year!
First of all, you look beautiful and thanks for being my magical Yuletide friend! This year I decided to do a Dear Yuletide Author letter because, while my own Muse lies dormant, I have many
demands er... needs....um....desires.... ideas! Yes, ideas that I'd like for other people to bring to fruition. So thank you in advance, you're the best!
Pairings: Athos/Aramis; Aramis/duchess de Longueville
Warnings: epistolary fic, religious references, graphic descriptions of sexual activity, bondage, etc, good times.
Plot: Aramis is a very busy man at the onset of la Fronde. He has a Very Important Mistress to please, the escape of the duc de Beaufort to plot, and the soul of Athos to save from the tar pits of Hell, and all this while writing sermons for others.
Notes: This narrative takes place immediately prior to the beginning of Vingt ans apres (Twenty Years After). As a reference for the dates, I have used the escape of the duc de Beaufort from the chateau at Vincennes (May 31, 1648), but I cannot account for any instances of “Dumas time.” Written for yuletide for jerico_cacaw!
( By the way, I want you in my pants.... )